World Rugby High Performance Academy
Privacy and Data Protection Notice
The purposes of this notice is to provide details on the personal data which World Rugby Limited collects and processes in connection with the operation of the World Rugby High Performance Academy via the site at hpacademy.world.rugby (the “Site”).
World Rugby Limited is the data controller of the information about you which is collected through the Site. World Rugby Limited has an address at World Rugby House, 8-10 Lower Pembroke Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
For any queries relating to this notice or relating to the personal data which we process in connection with the Academy, World Rugby Limited can be contacted using the contact details specified below. World Rugby Limited’s Data Protection Officer is Liam McKenna, and you may contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details specified below.
Further details on World Rugby Limited’s privacy practices and policies, as well as further details on how World Rugby Limited give effect to data subject rights, can be viewed here.
What information do we collect?
Registration Data and Profile Data
We collect the following data about Site users in order to invite users to the Site and to register their profiles with the Site:
- Role (participant, presenter, stream lead, administrator, content producer, etc.)
- Union (Country)
- Learning Stream
- First name
- Last name
- Email Address.
Once your account is registered, we will also collect additional data that you add to your profile, such as:
- Avatar (image/face/cartoon) – should you decide to use one;
- Mobile Phone (which may be required for Multi-Factor Authentication purposes);
- Time Zone;
- Current National Team Programme;
- Education/Certificates (eg Coaching Accreditations achieved).
Site Interaction, Course Completion and Content Data
As the Site provides you with access to online training courses and modules and provide you with an opportunity to interact with mentors and other Academy Participants, we also collect the following information about you:
- When you partake in any online training courses provided on the Site, a record that you took part in that online training course and any accreditation you achieved (including the course name and date of accreditation);
- Your responses to quizzes, questionnaires, and exams that you undertake on the Site in connection with any course or module;
- Any comments, text, files, graphics, or other content which you post on the Site or disseminate via the Site (or make available to World Rugby for publication or disseminate via the Site); and
- Any interactions which you have with any mentors or other Academy participants, including any statements or other content which such participants or mentors may post on the Site, depicting or referencing you, or otherwise relating to you.
Information about you will also be collected when you contact us (e.g., by keeping a record of that correspondence), for example in connection with any aspect of your participation in the Academy.
Other Functional and Usage Data
Uses of your data and lawful basis
The below table sets out the uses which we make of your data, and the lawful basis on which each use is grounded:
|Category of Data||Uses||Lawful Basis|
|Site Interaction, Course Completion and Content Data||To enable dialogue and interaction between you and other Academy participants.|
To enable you to attend and complete courses and modules and to track and review your activity on the Site, and to interact with other Site users and Academy Participants.
To enable any content which you create or publish on the Site (or any content in which you are depicted or referenced, or which relates ton you) to be distributed to other Site users and Academy Participants.
This is also necessary in our legitimate interests in operating an open and constructive dialogue between Site Users and Academy Participants further to the overall objectives of the Academy, and in our legitimate interests (and in the legitimate interests of your Union, or other high performance organisation) in assessing the success of the Academy in contributing to your development on the high performance pathway.
Sharing personal data
We may share personal data with certain third parties in connection with the above purposes:
- With Coach’s Companion, the Site operators, in connection with the functioning, administration and maintenance of the Site and all content available on the Site;
- We may share your personal data with other technology and IT service providers in connection with the analysis, processing and storage of data referenced above in connection with the Academy;
- We will disclose your Profile Data, and Site Interaction, Course Completion and Content Data, with other Site users and Academy Participants where relevant (including with mentors who have been assigned to you for the purposes of the Academy), for the purposes of enabling open and constructive dialogue between Site users and Academy Participants in accordance with the objectives of the Academy;
- We may share, in some cases, your Course Completion and other Site Interaction Data with your Union (or any other high performance organisation with which you are affiliated for the purposes of the Academy) for the purposes of assessing the success of the Academy in contributing to your development on the high performance pathway;
- We may also share personal data with third parties:
- when required by law or in response to legal process;
- in response to a request from law enforcement relating to a criminal investigation;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or that of the public;
- to analyse our data, conduct mobile analytics services or to maintain and improve our services (subject to confidentiality agreements as appropriate);
- to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damage that we may sustain;
- if the rights or safety of another individual might be violated or in threat; and
- where you otherwise consent to us doing so.
International transfers of personal data
In some of the circumstances described above, personal data may be transferred, accessible or visible to individuals and/or entities located outside of the European Union. Countries outside the European Union may not provide a level of legal protection for personal data as strong as the level of protection provided in the EU. Where we transfer your personal data to a recipient based outside the European Union, we will put in place a data transfer agreement with the overseas recipient of the information, protecting the information, in the appropriate standard form approved for this purpose by the European Commission (please contact us if you would like to see a copy of any of these agreements). The only exceptions are where we transfer information to member states of the European Economic Area or to countries outside the European Union which have been determined to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission, or where the transfer is legally justified on another basis.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep the personal data referred to above for as long as you continue to participate in the Academy and for such period of time as may be necessary thereafter (having regard to applicable law and practice, including any applicable legal retention requirements or claims limitation periods).
Rights to access, correct, modify and/or remove your personal information
You also have the following rights under applicable law, although your ability to exercise these rights may be subject to certain conditions:
- the right to receive a copy of and/or access, correct, and/or modify the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data;
- the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete;
- the right, in certain circumstances, to request that we erase your personal data; and
- the right, in certain circumstances, to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or object to our use of your personal data or the way in which we process it.
If any such individual has any questions about this notice, or regarding the Site more generally, you can contact us at the contact details as set out below.
If you have any queries in relation to this privacy statement, or if you would like to contact World Rugby Limited in relation to your rights, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or World Rugby House, 8 – 10 Lower Pembroke Street, Dublin 2.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com.
If you are not happy with the way that we have used your information or address your rights, you have the right to make a complaint to the Irish Data Protection Commission by using the following link: https://forms.dataprotection.ie/contact.